Purchase and RegistrationThursday, February 4, 2016 9:21:42 PM
To purchase NetLimiter license, you have to visit our secure online shop and select a product you would like to buy. After successful payment you will receive an email with your registration key/code.
NetLimiter license is based on a time-limited subscription model.
User can choose between one or two year long subscription period.
There two renewal methods available:
- Manual: The license has to be manually renewed after the subscription period expires. Until then, NetLimiter will work in the restricted mode.
- Automatic: The subscription will be automatically renewed (using same payment method) on the day of the expiration.
Users can change this option anytime (after the purchase) using the upgrade tool.
NetLimiter 4 license (code) in NetLimiter 5
All NetLimiter 4 licenses can be used in NetLimiter 5 for two years from the purchase date. For example: If your NetLimiter 4 license was purchased exactly 6 months ago, you can use your ver 4 code to unlock ver 5 and use it for 18 months. After this period expires, you can revert back to using NetLimiter 4 version or renew/purchase version 5 subscription period.
There two types of licenses:
- Standard: A single standard license can be registered only on one machine at the time (including virtual machines), but can be freely moved to other machines.
- Unlimited: This license allows customers to install NetLimiter on unlimited number of machines which are in their possesion. This license is not availaible in our shop, please, contact us to get a custom price.
Registering your copy
There is no full version installer to download. To unlock a full and registered version of NetLimiter you have to enter your registration data into the installed trial version.
In main application's menu select
HELP->About and registration, click on
Enter code and enter your code, which you received in registration email.
The validity of registration code is checked online - users need a working internet connection in order to succesfully register their copy. NOTE: No personal user information is sent out during this process.
Register NetLimiter automatically
To register your copy automatically, you have to run following PowerShell commands.
- Reference the NetLimiter API library (located in your installation folder):
Add-Type -Path "C:\Program Files\Locktime Software\NetLimiter\NetLimiter.dll"
- Instantiate the NetLimiter service object:
$svc = New-Object "NetLimiter.Service.NLClient"
- Connect to NetLimiter service on local machine:
- Enter your registration data:
PowerShell script file
You can also download this PS file with all the commands above.
To execute it successfully you need to...
- Open the PS1 file (from a zip archive) and enter your registration key into command
$svc.SetRegistrationCodeAsync("yourKey").GetAwaiter().GetResult();. Save it.
- Open PowerShell console with Administrator privilages.
- Execute the script file with command
PS C:\CurrentFolder> & "C:\LocationOfPSFile\reg-nl-ver5.ps1"